English | Spanish | Vietnamese
The Report Card
English | Spanish | Vietnamese
English | Spanish | Vietnamese
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We hope everyone enjoyed a restful and relaxing summer break! We are excited to welcome back our students and families to our school campuses for full-time, in-person instruction for the 2021-2022 school year which begins on August 11, 2021.
As students and staff prepare for the new school year, the continued health and safety of all continues to be our main priority. Protocols such as face coverings, self-check health screenings, and hygienic procedures will continue to be in effect for the new school year. Additionally, these enhanced health and safety protocols will be implemented in our extra-curricular activities such as athletics, visual and performing arts and after school programs.
In addition to our in-person learning option, we understand that there are still some families that feel unsure about returning to in-person learning for health and safety reasons. To meet the needs of our families, Oak Grove School District will offer an Independent Study option through our Virtual Learning Academy for all students in grades TK-8 in addition to full-time, in-person learning for the 2021-2022 school year. Families will get the option to choose the best learning option for their child(ren). Please see below for additional details and information on how to enroll your student(s) if you would like to apply for our Independent Studies option for 2021-22.
The Oak Grove School District will continue to monitor guidance from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and will inform parents, students, staff and the community of changes in health and safety practices if/when guidance is changed in a manner that impacts our Oak Grove community.
Please see additional important updates below.
Student Calendar 2021-2022
Link to: Student Calendar
Meals at No Cost for All Students
All Oak Grove schools will provide breakfast and lunch every school day at no cost to all in-person TK-8th grade students. Families do not need to qualify for free and reduced-price meals for the 2021-2022 school year to receive meals at no cost. Menus will continue to be available on our district website.
Household Income Information
Oak Grove School District needs household income information to maintain eligibility for supplemental state and federal funding. Our schools qualify for approximately $7.5 million in supplemental funding based on household income information. We request that all families complete the household income information form by August 31, 2021, to ensure we continue to receive our full funding allocation from the California Department of Education and the United States Department of Education. Forms will be available on our district website the first week of August and will be sent home the first week of school.
Independent Study via Virtual Learning Academy (VLA) Option for 2021-2022
For families that are not ready to return to campus for full-time, in-person learning, the Oak Grove School District will offer an Independent Study option through our Virtual Learning Academy for students in grade TK-8th for the 2021-2022 school year.
TK-8th grade Independent Study via VLA: The district’s TK-8 Independent Study via VLA option will be offered in conjunction with Edmentum (Calvert Education for grades TK-5 and EdOptions Academy for grades 6-8). The program will include:
- Daily live interaction using Google Meet video conferencing (All grades)
- Daily live synchronous instruction in core subjects using Google Meet video conferencing (Grades TK-3)
- Weekly live synchronous instruction using Google Meet video conferencing (Grades 4-8)
- Students will be enrolled in the Virtual Learning Academy as their home school for this 2021-2022 school year.
- Students enrolled in any of our District Program Options (ie. AdVENTURE, Indigo, Spanish Dual Language, STEAM at Stipe) that choose Independent Study via VLA will be enrolled in VLA as their home school for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Students that choose to attend the Independent Study via VLA will NOT be eligible to participate in in-person extracurricular activities such as after school sports, club, etc.
- If a parent enrolled their child(ren) in the Independent Study option via VLA and chooses to have their child return to in-person instruction, the parent must notify the Educational Services Department to make the request. We will enroll students to in-person learning as quickly as possible, wherever space is available. Please note that space may not be available at the student’s currently assigned neighborhood school (or program option) due to in-person student enrollment and staffing availability. Families previously enrolled in a district program option (i.e. AdVENTURE, Indigo, Spanish Dual Language at Christopher, Del Roble or Edenvale, or STEAM at Stipe) will need to re-apply and will be assigned based on future availability.
Students with special needs cannot participate in independent study unless the IEP specifically allows for such participation. If you are interested in having your child participate in the Independent Study Program via VLA for the 2021-2022 school year, please contact your child’s case manager or the special education department at 408-227-8300.
All district students enrolled will default to full-time, in-person instruction unless parents/guardians complete the Virtual Learning Academy (VLA) Enrollment Form, linked below.
If you would like your child to return to IN-PERSON instruction, no action is needed at this time.
For families considering the Independent Studies via VLA option, it is necessary to submit a firm commitment for this upcoming school year so that we can finalize contracts and deploy resources in preparation for August 11. Please let us know your commitment for the 2021-2022 Independent Study program via VLA no later than July 27th using this link below.
CLICK HERE: Independent Study via Virtual Learning Academy Enrollment Form
Due by July 27 by 12 PM
For questions regarding the Independent Study via VLA option, please contact the Educational Services Division at 408-227-8300.
We look forward to welcoming back all of our students and families on our first day of school, Wednesday, August 11th. Please continue to check the Oak Grove District website (www.ogsd.net) regularly for updates in addition to ParentSquare for detailed information from your child’s school regarding important information for the first week. We appreciate your continued partnership and collaboration!
José L. Manzo
2021-2022 School Year
OGSD students’ first day of school is Wednesday August 11. You will receive communication from your school in early August with specifics such as start time, duration, and other instructions. You can contact the school directly or check your school website.
We look forward to welcoming all students back to the classroom, and we will monitor COVID-19 guidance closely over the summer from city and state officials.