• Student must be potty-trained
• Online registration & paperwork must be completed to ensure enrollment
• 20% OGSD employee discount based on verification
• 5% sibling discount (on lowest tuition)
• We accept county subsidies
Oak Grove School District currently has three preschools located at Baldwin, Frost, and Taylor Elementary Schools. The fee-based model of these services provides revenue for the district. New for the 2018-19 school year is a year-round preschool at Stipe!
Our preschools are preparing children for entry into Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten, beginning as early as two years and eight months old.
- The three-year-old students attend Tuesdays and Thursdays for a program that emphasizes developing social-emotional skills. Students must be potty-trained and turn three years old by December 2nd of the school year in order to attend.
- The four-year-olds attend on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, for an instructional program that is based on the California Learning Foundations in social-emotional development, literacy, language, and math. Students must turn four years old by September 1st of the school year in order to attend. This class is intended for the year before Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten. Students must be potty-trained.
- In addition, a 5-day 4-year old program is offered at Taylor Preschool. Students must turn four years old by September 1st of the school year in order to attend. This class is intended for the year before Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten. Students must be potty-trained.
- At Baldwin Preschool we offer preschool with extended-day care (7 am to 3 pm) and full-day care (7 am to 6 pm) for 3 and 4 year olds. Students must turn 3-years old by September 1st to attend the blended program. Students must be potty-trained.
We believe in teaching and nurturing the students in all the areas that will make them better prepared for kindergarten including self-regulation, social expression, self-care, and motor skills as well as academics. Recent research has shown that kindergarten teachers want children ready for the social element of school as well as the academics. If students are ready to take care of their personal needs, get along with others, sit in circle, and sometimes work independently, then great academic goals can be achieved.In preparing our students for the academics of kindergarten, we use state adopted curriculum and research-based, culturally responsive instructional strategies. Our preschool teachers engage in professional development throughout the year and work collaboratively to make data-driven decisions about their students’ needs.Our days and weeks follow a routine and schedule that the children come to depend on. All days include calendar, circle time, phonics, center-based play and exploration, outside play and socialization, small group academic time and snack.Contact Information:Supervisor – Chan Chan Tran: email@example.com
280 Martinvale Lane
San Jose, CA 95119
Preschool Phone #: (408) 227- 8300 Ext. 306211
Location: Room # P1 & P2Supervisor – Victoria Baxter: firstname.lastname@example.org Earl Frost Preschool
530 Gettysburg Drive
San Jose, CA 95123
Phone #: (408) 227- 8300 Ext. 315252
Location: Building in 2nd parking lot
410 Saunter Drive
San Jose, CA 95123
Phone #: (408) 227- 8300 Ext. 324238/324241
Location: Room 12A & 12B