Enrollment and Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year begins March 2, 2020. If you need to register for this school year - scroll down to registration step one.
Our application window for Program Options, Transfers and TK begins January 13th.
Applications for Program Options for AdVENTURE STEM 5-8, Indigo K-8, STEAM @ Stipe K-6, TWBI @ Del Roble TK-5, Dual Languages at Christopher and Edenvale open on January 13th and close on March 13th. If you are a current OGSD family with a student applying for 1st-8th grade program options please complete the
**For OGSD families selecting a program option for an incoming kindergartener, you will need to complete a paper application and submit to any school site or the District Office.
Intra-District Transfer (One OGSD school to another OGSD school) applications are open on January 13th. If you are a current OGSD family with a student applying for 1st-8th grade program options please complete the online application. **For OGSD families selecting an Intra-District transfer for an incoming kindergartener, you will need to complete a paper application and submit to any school site or the District Office.
Inter-District Transfer (Out of District to OGSD) open all year. You will need to download the application and submit it to the District Office - Attn: Mary Veloz.
Registration for TK, K and new families for the 2020-2021 school year begin March 2nd. DO NOT fill out a registration form if your students are currently enrolled in Oak Grove School District. Registration is only for new students or new families in the Oak Grove School District for the 2019-2020 year. Currently, enrolled students are automatically registered for next year.
- For information about transferring to a school other than the designated school of attendance, please see the Intra-District section below.
- For students and families that qualify for Foster Youth/McKinney Vento please contact the district liaison at 408-227-8300.
Step 2 - REGISTER ONLINE Hard copy registration forms are also available at all school sites.
Students who reside in a different district must first complete an Inter-District Transfer at your home district for approval first.
Step 3 - SUBMIT DOCUMENTS at School
A child cannot be enrolled until all required registration documents are obtained. Please bring your personal documents
- Hard copy REGISTRATION FORM or have completed the Online Registration
- Parent/Guardian IDENTIFICATION
- Drivers License, Passport, Guardianship document, or other government-issued ID card)
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY (one of each from list below)
- Utility bill (Cable/Internet, Phone,Water, Electricity)
- Escrow paperwork, property tax statement or rental agreement/lease
- Affidavit of Residence - If you rent or lease, the homeowner must come in with you and bring verification listed above and then you both will need to sign an affidavit in front of the office staff.
- PROOF OF BIRTHDATE
- Birth Certificate, Passport, or Immigration Documents
- IMMUNIZATION RECORDS / HEALTH and DENTAL EXAMINATION
- Please provide current doctor verification of required immunizations for school (ie. yellow card/immunization record)
- Complete the Health Examination Packet below - Must be completed after March 1st and prior to the first day of school. Board Policy BP5141.32
- TB Risk Assessment for School Entry form must be submitted prior to entering kindergarten or upon transfer to Santa Clara County schools. If transferring within Santa Clara County, please provide a copy of TB Risk Assessment for School Entry form.
- IF APPLICABLE
- Proof of Special Education Program (IEP - Individual Education Program)
- Transfer Request Form from previous school
- Migrant Survey (If Applicable)
If applicable, please fill out the Migrant Education Program Survey to see if you are eligible for services.
Si es aplicable: Por favor complete la Encuesta del Programa de Educación Migrante
Nếu áp dụng: in quý vị điền vào Bản Thăm Dò Ý Kiến về Chương Trình Giáo Dục Luân Chuyển
Health Examination Packets - All Health Examinations (Physicals) must be completed after March 2, 2020. Packets will be posted on March 2nd.
If you are registering for the 2019-2020 school year, please use the checklist below. You can get a packet from the front office at your school site.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Law If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Oak Grove District Office at (408) 227-8300 or the school office.
Program Options Applications will open on January 13th, 2020 and remain open through March 13th, 2020 in order to be considered for the 2020-2021 school year. For OGSD families with students entering 1st-8th grade for 20-21 apply online.
For more information about the Program Options offered within the district, please visit the 'Program Options' page. Resident students in Oak Grove School District may apply for a program by submitting a Program Options Application available below. Students residing OUTSIDE Oak Grove School District must first complete an Inter-District Transfer Agreement with their home district before applying to a program.
Intra-District Transfer applications will open on January 13th, 2020 for the 2020-2021 School year.
Parent/Guardians residing within Oak Grove School District wishing to send their student to a school other than the designated school of attendance, please see the Intra-District application to request a different school then your designated school.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
Transitional Kindergarten applications and registration are open. There are 9 locations for TK, please click below for the list of locations.
Inter-District Transfers(Out of District to OGSD)
Parents/Guardians residing in the boundary of another school district must apply for their student to attend Oak Grove School District. Please obtain and complete an Inter-District transfer application from your district of residence and deliver it to the OGSD District Office for review.
Parent/Guardians residing within Oak Grove School District wishing to send their student to another district must complete Oak Grove School District's Inter-District Transfer form, available below, and return it to the OGSD District Office for review.
Please see the application below for reasons for a transfer, the process, timeline, approval vs. denial and the appeal process.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Inter-District Transfer process, please direct your inquiries to Mary Veloz at (408) 227-8300 x100208 or by email at email@example.com