Parcel Tax Exemption for Seniors
Who is eligible for an exemption?
Seniors 65 years of age or older who own and live in the home and the parcel tax appears on their property tax bill
How do I claim for an exemption?
– Complete the Parcel Tax Senior Citizen Exemption Application Form
– Provide appropriate copies for proof of age and address, e.g. driver’s license, utility bill, birth certificate, passport, etc.
– Provide a copy of your current property tax bill showing the parcel tax has been charged (line 809)
– Mail or bring the form and appropriate copies to: Oak Grove School District, 6578 Santa Teresa Blvd., San Jose, CA, 95119
– A check will be mailed to you for the reimbursement
How do I stay on the exempt list?
– Once you claim for an exemption, you will receive a letter from the School District every year
– Sign and return this letter verifying that you still live in the home.